Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

So even after getting sick from drinking part of a soda I didn't make the connection until today. Maybe there is a reason I'm not obsessed with any particular type of sweet, and why I'm not the typical female with chocolate or sweets cravings--sugar makes me ill. I don't mean I'm a glutton and I eat too much and become sick to my stomach. I don't mean it ruins my teeth. I mean that it literally makes me ill, thus the throat swelling and soreness, the occasional dizziness, and the neck pain. So it's a good thing that I've never been addicted to sugar. Sure, I have my favorite candies. Sure, I like cheesecake and pie. But I really don't like cake. I don't like a cake if it's too dry or if it's tres leches. If you are my family or very close friend and you made the cake, or it's your wedding and you're staring at me waiting for me to eat it, I may take a bite. But it's no guarantee unless your name is Corinner-elly. (If Corinner-elly makes it I will always try it because it will always be yummy.) If a brownie is too sweet, get it away from me! Would I like a doughnut? Half only, please! Of course, I don't think I'd be having such an adverse reaction if I'd been putting myself to bed on time. Oh, well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers