Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

Is it too much to ask for a little bit of integrity? If it is one thing I can say for sure it is that my family and extended family are honest people who try to do what is right. We may not be perfect. We may get angry sometimes. We may be sloppy sometimes. We may make too much noise sometimes. However, we try to have integrity and follow laws, rules, and policies. We work in fields where we understand that there are generally reasons regulations are put into place, whether we understand their purposes or not. It is this general attitude that makes it possible for me to support my family in the decisions they make and with the things that they say. It makes me SO ANGRY when people lie about the actions or intentions of my family. I know the people that are part of my family and I know they try their best to do more than just be nice. They do more than just try to do what they think is right. They seek out what is right so that they know they are acting as they should. Why must dishonest people have a scapegoat? Why do they feel the need to lie about stupid things? If it is something you may have misunderstood about a policy that can be worked out, don't blame your actions on someone else! Just try to have your own integrity and things will generally work out okay! When you are a good person and you make a mistake and every knows that you are a good person, it is more likely others will work with you to simply make sure things are right and that you know the correct way to act in the future. It's not like you're going to get sent to jail or get fired over making a mistake that didn't affect the safety of others or threaten anyone's life. Just tell the truth! Don't slander the names of the people who try to make your life better by doing their job or doing what is right!


But in all things we must persevere. Slander does not change who we are, nor does it affect the truth of our actions. As I was reading the Testimony of Joseph Smith found in the Book of Mormon tonight, I came across the following passage: "...that my name should be had for good and evil among all nations, kindreds, and tongues, or that it should be both good and evil spoken of among all people." Falsehoods will be spoken. It is a habit of mankind as a whole to speak misleadingly or to say unkind things. Despite this fact we can and should still attempt to do our best. Strong is the temptation to retaliate to dishonesty by removing ourselves from the situation or trying not to stand out. There may be times where these will be the right things to do if it is needed as a means to an end. However, we cannot hide our heads forever. To be a person who is remembered as one who makes a positive difference in the world, we must find a way to hold our head high in the end, even if it is bowed down low.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers