I ran across this poem today and just thought I'd post it. I was far less emotionally blocked when I wrote poetry. I was more passionate about life and those around me and better understood myself and my place in this world, even though my writing was mostly to aid in understanding the people I was close to... I pretty much stopped writing when I began to write for myself instead of to connect with other people. Every now and again I'll read something I wrote and feel disgust at how much I sucked at it and embarrassed because of all the encouragement I received from those who read EVERYTHING I wrote... I would REALLY like to try to begin writing poetry again. I have never been creative aside from that, and I think that is why I was more connected to my sense of self. There are many who write music, create their own dances, build computers, build engines, cook fabulous meals... I was never one to create, aside from my poetry. The things that I did as a performer were following someone else's direction or choreography, or following a recipe made by someone else--doing something that was unremarkable, overdone, or used before by people better and more skilled than myself. Poetry was mine and mine alone, to build emotions or create worlds that nobody could influence or change but myself.
Regarding the following poem, there is not MUCH history to it. The basic gist is that a friend was at my house and we were talking. I have NO CLUE what else we spoke about and he probably couldn't help me remember if he tried. For some reason he held up a plain sheet of blank white paper and asked what I saw in it. (Again, I have no idea what the context was...) and the poem was suddently blurted out of the shallow depths of my mind. And with nothing more to add at this time, here is the poem that sparked this post:
I see the world
in a single sheet of paper,
Memories and
the future.
A baby born,
or a life moving on;
the story,
fresh and new.
I breathe in Love,
on a single sheet of paper,
a note to those
held dear.
I view Eternity
and room for anything,
and see the world
in a single sheet of paper.
--November 28, 2001
--Falling Stars
Hopefully, with age and time, my heart can still feel the beauty and newness of the life which lies before me. My gratitude goes out to the one who provoked these thoughts because, while they may not be the most eloquent or inspirational to others, they inspire me. (That sounds narcissistic, but it should NOT be taken that way. :-=) They remind me of the way I once viewed the world, and how I can again. They remind me that even the most fleeting of interactions can change the heart and mold the soul. They show me that inspiration can be found in anyone or anything if we leave our hearts open to the tendrils of creativity and love which crawl gently through the cracks in our minds.
Posted by
Falling Stars

0 comments:
Post a Comment