You Know You're Getting Old When...You get sick from drinking part of a bottle of pop to keep you awake at work. I mean, really? My immune system sucks so badly that I miss a day and a half of work? Because of not even a whole little bottle of POP? Yeah. Lame.
Well, life overall is good. I was depressed for a few days last week because I had to drop my Grant Writing and Stats classes, but I got to keep my tap class so I can't complain that much...even though it is the hardest of the three classes which I was signed up for. But it will probably be the best for me. By best I do not mean the most productive but it will suit my health needs the best. Dance and music have always been something I've needed for my emotional, physical, and spiritual health. Not having them seriously depresses me, more than anything else in life. The second thing I can't complain about is that I will now be forced to keep my house in order because I now have far more time to do so. It will give me a chance to finish my online classes, plan on time with my husband, and spend time with my needy and very jealous puppy.
Another good thing which has come about the past few weeks is Mindy getting on a graveyard shift. For those of you who don't know why that is a big deal or who the heck this "Mindy" person is, Mindy is the mother of my faux child, Harley. Zach & I met Mindy while they were both working at a hotel a while back. We've been watching Harley since mid to late January about 2-4 times a week, and since Mindy's schedule's been kind of crazy so has ours. Luckily Zach would be home for the few hours before I could get home and them would usually need to leave when I got there. Thank goodness for opposite schedules or it would have been difficult for Harley to have somewhere to go, but then Fall Semester came and our schedule's just wouldn't allow us to help during the week at all, and since Mindy's current employer never gave her a consistent day or shift it was sort of sucking, but during the week it usually meant Harley didn't leave until... well, past my bedtime. That equated to my not sleeping properly most of the time. However, with Graveyard shifts Harley will come at bedtime, I will put her to bed, I will go to bet myself, and we will wake up ready to start the day on time. I'm SOOOO excited! I'm going to finally get myself back on track health/sleep-wise and Harley will be on a more consistent schedule. Thank you, Mindy, for being willing to drop her off early, especially since she's started school and needs a schedule!
Well, my journal from here on out may appear to be more quantity than quality because I've made a goal to try and write 5 times a week. Hopefully I'll find a way to make them all different and insightful. I always get bored just recounting what has happened in my day. I mean, it's difficult to feel different from one day to the next about the things that happen the same way everyday. If my blog begins to grow too mundane I'll just... well,quit uhm, modify my goal. :-= I was going through some entries in an old journal (which I will NOT be putting the URL for here :-=) and I was much more expressive once upon a time. Heh...I guess getting old doesn't just make my health fail, it's made me more boring! Well, that's all for now!
Except for this: my favorite punctuation is the ellipsis, in case you hadn't yet noticed... ^^V
Posted by
Falling Stars

0 comments:
Post a Comment