Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

1. Khristine

Khristine is the most spectacular person ever. It must have hurt god when he created her and had to let her go in the world. Khristine: Gracefullnesss, Awesomenesss, Gorgeousnesss. Nuff Saidd.
Khristine: SEX

1. Gilson

One who is encouraging, uplifting, edifying. To bolster.

I was super bummed, but I got gilsoned.

So I guess I'm okay with these definitions. I definitely wouldn't mind being the most spectacular person ever, gracefully able to uplift and edify. I have something to look forward to in life :-=

I don't know if I've ever shared this thought before, but on my walk today (Subway for lunch. Wahoo!) I was thinking about that topic of what people think of me. Not specifically me, but how I've heard other people say, "I don't care what people think of me," or "You shouldn't care what other people think about you." The fact of the matter is, the impression others have of you is what gets you a certain type of job (or a job period), a loan, a babysitter, friends... So while what other people think of you should not make or break who you are, it should matter somewhere inside of you. It should not matter because what other people think matters, it should matter because you want who you are to say something. Who you are should be communicable to other people. If you want your employer to give you responsibilities or praise for you character and good work, you should have character and work well.

I care about having people think well of me, be even more so I care about being the kind of person that others can think well of and that deserves the high opinions of others. It's amazing how complex the human facade is. Some people think that what we want and believe, or have faith in, if you will, is what makes us who we are. Others think that it is what we do. Others believe it is how we look. We are a compilation of so many factors! The kind of name we make for ourselves in this world is predicated on the deeds we do, the things we say, how we present ourselves, our own effort and diligence, as well as our faith and knowing who we want to be Without having an understanding of who I want to be it will be difficult for me to ever get there. If I can't portray who I want to be it will be harder for others to see my potential and help me get to where I want to be. There are so many good people in the world just waiting to be allowed to help people achieve their goals and make something of themselves. If we don't let them see who we are because we are too stubborn to believe that it matters what people think of us, then we will never fully develop into beings that can control our impact on the world around us.

We'll it's time to close before this turns into the same ol' self-reflective droning that doesn't actually accomplish anything. It's time to go put words to action. Right after lunch. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers