Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

So, first things first: My puppy is cute. :D I was sleeping on my side this morning and my puppy was curled up on his side using my arm as a pillow. I suddenly decided I wanted to roll over onto my back to stretch a bit, then relaxed. My little guy did the same exact thing. Still using my arm as a pillow, he flipped over onto his back, did a little stretch, then settled onto his back with his little head on my arm. SO CUTE, the little guy mimicking his mommy.

Moving on: Early this morning I had an epiphany about why 'grown-ups' go to bed earlier than all the younger lads and lasses. It was when my faux child had an accident. I randomly woke up and heard her crying/talking to herself. I thought she might just be having a nightmare or working through something in her head so I had determined to let her work through whatever it was on her own unless she came to me. After a while I noticed the sound still persisted. I went to her room to see her sitting up in bed and asked her what was wrong. She'd had an accident. I got her out of bed, put her in the bath, scrounged up a change of clothes, removed the sheets, put her back to bed on the couch (since the actual bed got wet and I was not in the mood to steam vac it at the moment), then sent a text to my husband to notify him of the small one sleeping on the couch. The text occurred at 0444. I laid awake until the hubby got home and until after he fell asleep, which was sometime after 0540, since he had to finish work, drive home, drag the mattress outside (it was too heavy for me to take out or even just flip over--not a normal mattress), and get ready for bed. Then her real mother came to pick her up earlier than my alarm went off, and I laid in bed awake some more. So the moral of this story is that 'grown-ups' go to bed ridiculously early (thus achieving their 'boring' and 'party pooper' statuses) to compensate for the time that they already know that they will loose during the night when they have to tend to their messy, sleepless, wandering, or distraught little ones. I'm a genius, I know. You may thank me later when you have children of your own and you are one of the few who gets a full nights rest because you, too, begin your boring life of going to bed early.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers