Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

...or do they not teach kids to read in school anymore? Because it seems like they stopped teaching kids to read a few years after I cycled through Kindergarten. Where did I get my information, you ask? Well, many of the residents who come into the office where I work have questions that are regarding information in their contract that they signed their agreement to before they picked up their first key, and they have questions on information that was clearly in their move-in packet when they picked up their first key, much of it which is duplicated from the website's Housing Guidelines and the contract they signed before they came to pick up said move-in packet. These people are generally about 2-4 years younger than me, so is it safe to assume that they stopped teaching kids to read when I was in about 4th or 5th grade? I'm not sure, but it just seems like that. Hopefully I'm wrong, because I would sure like help supplementing my home teaching when I'm sending my kids to school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers