Anybody who knows what my husband's schedule is like on Sunday knows that it is generally an exhausting day. Today, however, was an extraordinarily rough one. He worked, as usual, last night with the knowledge that he will work again tonight with 3 hours of Sunday School Nursery sandwiched in between. Things seemed to be going okay for the first hour. We had play and snack time without much incident and we only had 7 kids, as opposed to our usual 12, with a total of 4 teachers. The first thing that went wrong was a little girl somehow getting in a weird position and moderately squishing her tiny fingers in a tiny folding chair. We washed her fingers in cold water, dried them off, ran into mommy, got her a happy candy, then were back to class. Then the major event of the day hit--literally; a stationary cupboard hit a kid that is. Hard, and right on the nose. And why did this happen, you ask? Another little boy non-maliciously sent him in motion toward it. Well of course the first little boy started screaming. Zach rushed over to comfort him, telling him it was okay. Just then I saw a trickle of blood on one of Zach's lower hands. The kid looked fine in the few seconds that I saw him, so I wanted to know where it was coming from. Half a second later I had my answer: Zach noticed something felt wet and looked down at our little nursery lad. In that moment I saw that the little one's face was covered in blood, and there was an additional splattering of crimson starkly glistening in contrast to Zach's white, collared button-up. Zach rushed the child swiftly out the door to, after a short search, an awaiting mother who had heard her boy's wailing and run down from the third floor. The little one is just fine now. However, I am not sure I can say the same thing for Zach's white shirt. You never know what you're going to get with kids. The fun part was when Zach walked by the Bishop's office as a meeting was getting out. Happy 15 minutes of fame, Dear Hubby!

0 comments:
Post a Comment