Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

I will miss my hair.  I like to play with it, and I enjoy the added femininity that it offers when I actually choose to fix it.  I like that I can usually go days without washing it.  It is enjoyable to contort it into many different shapes and designs.  I will miss the way the sun shines through my hair and makes it GLOW.  I will miss the way that my long hair just...falls.


It has been fun having long hair.  However, there will definitely be things that I will not miss:

I will not miss the more easily clogged drains.

I will not miss it falling off and being all over the bed or floor.

I will not miss getting my hair sucked out the car window and caught when I roll it up.

I will not miss having my hair caught in people's armpits when I give hugs.

I will not miss my hair falling out and getting stuck in my shirt making me itch while I'm wearing it or having it embedded in the fabric of my clothes during the cleaning process.

I will not miss the risk of getting it caught when I use the paper shredder or cutter at work.

I will not be sad that it will be more likely to stay out of my food while I'm eating,

I will be excited to have less rats hanging out at the ends and bottom layer of my hair.

I will be be glad over the money that I will save in the form of shampoo and conditioner costs.

I will enjoy the fact that the puppy will probably stop trying to eat it while it is attached to my head.

I won't be sad for the headaches to go away because there will no longer be a large weight on one spot of my head if my hair is in a bun.



After being a bit freaked out and scared to actually go through with it, in addition to much coaxing from co-workers, friends, and the hairdresser here is the result of my cut!  And guess what?!  I Love It!  I love it more every minute!  Let's see if that continues after the first time I am required to wash it and style it by myself!  Zach, where's that pomade stuff...?  Anyhow, I took a look in the mirror at the back of my head and after my hair was completed and my first thought was that it looked like someone else's head!  It's not exactly the cut I'd originally though of, but I like it better than that one!  There's definitely something to be said for trusting your stylist.  I look like a completely different person.  I've never done anything this drastic to myself before.  I think I'll enjoy the new me for the next little while.  It's a bit of an edgier version than the one previously introduced to the world.  :-= We'll see if I keep the look or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers