Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

The hubby was gone this week because of a government disaster training that work sent him to.  I thought I would have a relatively mellow week, but it's been one of the busiest weeks I've had in years!  I dropped him off on Sunday morning.  Later that evening I kinda re-arranged the bedroom.  I've had work every day from 0800-1700.  I've been to the library every day, as well, returning and picking up new books.

Monday I'd volunteered to help clean the church, so I went home, cared for the dogs, went to the library, read in the church parking lot for an hour, then went inside.  I vacuumed.  For over an hour.  That was my exercise for the first part of the week, because I haven't done a workout since!  Then I went home, read 1 manga and 2 YA novels, and got to bed around 5 a.m.

Tuesday I attended to the pet shop in my house, then to the library and to babysit Cyane, who was not a happy camper that night at bedtime.  She screamed and pounded her bedroom door--for an hour.  I sure am glad that the crying doesn't bother me and that it wasn't SUPER late so the neighbors probably hadn't gone to bed yet!  I didn't get home until until around 11 p.m.  That day I read another YA novel.

Wednesday and Thursday I got to go to the first half of a work training I signed up for, Influencer training.  It's awesome!  We've been talking about how we have the power to influence change in almost any part of our lives and the lives of others.  It's all about expanding our understanding of people and issues, and why we do what we do.  I found out that if I'd taken this training off-campus it would have run me approximately $995!!!  I am now even more grateful for the educational opportunities I have through my employer.  It came with the book Influencer:  The Power To Change Anything and a supplementary CD/DVD set, as well as some other learning materials.  I'm excited to read the book!  I haven't really read self-help books before, but I've only read one page of this one so far and I'm excited!  I hope to get through most of it by next Wednesday's class and begin implementing the techniques I am learning at work and in my own life.  I think my new knowledge will help the University and benefit my family as well.  What else... Oh, I had Harley both Wednesday and Thursday.

Somehow, on Wednesday, I still managed to read another novel and go to the Library.  It was also the day I memorized my library card number then lost my library card.  Good timing, I think!  I also got to hang out with my Rowena, Lex, and Christian.  I tried Frozen Yogurt Junction (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frozen-Yogurt-Junction/58068158262) for the first time because it's in the same town they live in and my friend Grant is one of the owners.  I had a delicious plain tart and tart pear frozen yogurt topped with kiwi, mango, blackberries, strawberries, and a raspberry drizzle in a store-made and delicious waffle bowl.  I also got to try Greek food.  Something about Chicken Souvlaki?  And it came with lemon rice and some sort of sauce that seems like a yogurt base with cucumber in it?  Just guessing.  There was so much food that I am STILL working on leftovers and it's now Friday!

Thursday I went to the library and tended to my dogs again.  Oh, and somebody turned in my library card.  I think I just dropped it outside when I got out of my car the day before.  Then, I went to attend a public meeting regarding my neighbor's proposed addition and requested housing variance.  I'm totally not opposed to it but they have a neighbor who is.  I'd like to do my part to help the variance be granted. However, they needed 3 out of 7 council members and only 2 showed up, so I ended up chatting for an hour then going home.  I sorted my laundry, then started a load that I haven't finished yet, but at least it's not all over the floor anymore, since I brought the lost laundry hamper up from the basement..Finally. :)  I didn't really get any reading done yesterday (a.k.a. the Thursday in question), but at least I finally got a full night's rest!


I'd completely forgotten that my life used to be like this before I got married:  constantly on the go, never a break, but even busier and more socially involved.  I can't believe I was able to do that and not completely exhaust myself!  To add to the crazy week, today is the day I get to see my hubby again!  It sounds like I'll go pick him up from the airport and we'll hang out in SLC overnight.  A mini vacation, possibly.  I wonder what we'll do with my dogs if I stay up there...Well, that's all my boring babble.  Ciao, world. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers