I got up early this morning to let the dogs outside before I got ready for work. As they scampered around like crazy things, I spotted a bird in the neighbor's yard. I actually got to watch him catch a worm! Then, after his hard work, he skittered across the grass and onto the sidewalk to start enjoying his breakfast. Do you know what happened after that? Another bird found him. It then proceeded to chase him around, through the air and on ground, to try and steal his hard-earned worm. How sad! I had to go back inside to begin my day, so I don't know who ended up getting to eat the worm, but I hope it is the bird who spent his morning catching it.
This experience was kind of like my theory about piñatas-stand behind the big kid who's going to break the thing open and swoop in for the kill if you expect to receive any of the spoils. Don't aspire to be the one who actually succeeds in releasing the sugary goodness for everyone else. (However, it's really satisfying to succeed, so I probably wouldn't actually do this; but if I were the smallest participant, therefore being highly unlikely to crack the piñata open anyway, and only in it for the candy then this would be utterly brilliant.)
Posted by
Falling Stars

0 comments:
Post a Comment