I have absolutely NO idea what I want to be when I grow up! I am 24 and I don't know what to do with myself. I always knew I wanted to get a college degree, get married, have children... Now I'm 24 with only an Associate's Degree, and I am married. I have a job that pays what some people make after completion of a Bachelor's Degree (I'm not talking Nursing, guys, I'm talking, like... Youth Leadership/Recreation Management stuff), so I suppose that's a positive thing... So I'm still working on the children thing and going to college. And what, you ask, is my major? What exactly, you say, am I working towards? Well, I'm listed as a Communication Disorders major, which is a degree to a degree. I don't want to get stuck here. None of the major's courses are available during the evening, which is when I need to take most of my classes. I have too many things that I want to do with myself, I just can't decide. I have no skills that I would say I am far better at than the others, so I don't have an easy choice. I'm either decent at all things or mediocre at all things, however one chooses to look at it... But I still don't know what to do with myself. I want to sing and dance, improve myself and others, know how to care for my community and keep people safe, and inspire those around me in so many ways... But that doesn't help me know what to do. List of Majors I'm pondering:
*Dance/Dance Ed.
*Public Health (Environmental/Occupational Health Track & Health Promotion being my top 2:4 tracks)
Exercise Science
*Exercise and Wellness
Athletic Training
Still kinda toying with Vocal Performance/Music Ed. and thinking a bit about Nursing...
Did I mention Facility & Property Management, Business Management, MDT, Accounting....?
There are so many things I want to do I can't even pick my top 5!!! What's wrong with me? I'm about a quarter of the way through my life and I don't know where I'm headed?! I can't even decide what to take next semester!!! ARGH! I should be a pirate instead. I wish someone could just look at me and tell me what to do with myself. Then again, that would be rather like some communist country where they tell people they are allowed to dance based on the size of their foot when they're a child, or made to be a laboror just because. Maybe the people in those countries dig that, but as much as I can't make up my mind I don't want our country to be like that. So many people would never have become what they have if that had been the case, inspired so many, or done such great things.
Posted by
Falling Stars

0 comments:
Post a Comment