It's been fun so far getting to know Chicklet ( still doesn't have a name, even though we 'officially' found out she is a girl on like September 20th!) and the things that she does or does not like, and getting to learn her personality. Since she began squirming around she has been extremely active. She is pretty much on my schedule. She starts dancin' around shortly after I go to work and stops her spastic movements around 10-11 at night; unless, that is, I feed her at 2 a.m. because I'm procrastinating my bedtime once again.
It has been decided that Chicklet has my huge feet and is rather obstinate. During her slightly-before 20 week ultrasound she would NOT sit still and she refused to show her face, or anything else which was required of her. We prodded her, we rolled her (a.k.a. me) around from side to side... Nothing. Brat. :) Well, at least she's not making me sick! I love her very much for that.
Things Chicklet seems to love:
- This girl either LOVES or HATES music! I was singing hymns to her on the October 22nd. This is the first time I'd noticed a reaction. Her reaction was to kick the heck out of me. The next day was the Primary program at church. She proceeded again to pound on me with her humongous feet and sweet little fists for an hour, and every time she heard music after that. At work the following day she got to hear some different music, stuff like the "Lazy Song", "One Republic", "Keep Your Head Up", and some Michael Buble. More prodding from the inside out. I still haven't tried country or classical, but I have come to the conclusion that she is either dancing or begging me to make it stop.
- I think she likes being read to by her father. She seems to squirm around a bit when he reads to her, but not for long and not strongly enough for him to feel her doing it. Who knows, it might put her to sleep. :)
- Like mother, like daughter: Chicklet loves food. She's always excited both before and after mealtimes.
Things Chicklet appears to hate:
- Chicklet seems to get mad when mommy doesn't feed her on time. For example, she doesn't get hyper after lunch, she gets hyper before. I think she knows that she needs to ask for food or mommy may forget to feed her :-=.
- This little one flips out when I use automatic hand dryers. Every time. She calms down pretty much immediately after it stops or I walk away from it. Strangely the hair dryer does not seem to bother her.
- She's not a fan of my work. This is merely because I slouch sometimes and she does not enjoy being squished. When she gets squished she kicks me straight away and stops when I sit back up.
- I don't think Chicklet likes Waltz or West-Coast Swing. She was silent while learning the Cha-cha, but I'm not sure she enjoys the rise and fall of Waltz or the spinning in West-Coast. She's been kicking a lot the past few weeks. She seems okay with Tango so far. I kind of feel bad for her, though, because about about 25 weeks 5 days along, she apparently has a sense of equilibrium. I can see why she'd hate Waltz--I'm SO off balance with it!

2 comments:
Yay! :D A post!
And a chicklet!
Scarlett loves Primary songs. Kristen sings them to her as lullabys. During the Primary program at church, she even fell asleep as a result of the singing. :)
Post a Comment