Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

Well, a lot has been going on lately, even though I haven't made an entry since MAY!  Here's the thing:  I'm pregnant.  Hopefully everything's going well.  By LMP I'm due about February 9, 2012, which would put me at about 12 weeks, 5 days today.  At 6.5 weeks I was able to have an early ultrasound where we saw Chicklet (the baby's temporary name) and heard it's heartbeat.  (Going by the early ultrasound I'm 11 weeks, 6 days today).  It was pretty cool.  I think Zach got the biggest kick out of it, but I was talking nervously and he shushed me so he could hear baby.  :-=  Then again, he's been 'baby hungry' for about 6 years, which is how long we'd been married as of July 15th, our anniversary!  Overall, things have been well with me.  I've been having weird, freaked out dreams, exhausted, doing a lot of laying awake at night, and drinking a ton of ginger ale (because that's about all there is in the house that's not water), but I've been good.  I've been hungry pretty constantly, and if I don't eat I start to feel a bit queasy.  Also, I don't feel that super when I brush my teeth or smell something funky, but the heightened smell thing is pretty much totally normal for me.  I haven't really felt sick, just a few minor headaches, also fairly normal for me.  Nothing really scary has happened thus far. However,  for our first appointment with the actual OB/GYN (a week ago today), a Doppler was used to try and hear the heartbeat and.... nothing.  Which may or may not mean anything.  I have another appointment tomorrow to try and hear it again, and if we don't hear anything they'll schedule me for an ultrasound.  I'm trying not to freak out, since at this point in the pregnancy there's still not much we can do if there's a problem.  I feel okay, and haven't really seemed to have any complications thus far... I've been gaining weight, my belly's sticking out more when I'm not holding it in, and my breasts have doubled in size, so hopefully Chicklet's okay.  (Last time the only real symptoms were weight gain and a missing period).  If there is a problem with Chicklet then I'm not super excited with what is in store for me, since it would probably mean medical procedures and serious recovery afterwards.  I don't feel like anything's wrong, but I've not always been the most intuitive of individuals by nature.  Basically, nothing really means anything at this point, so I'll just wait patiently until tomorrow afternoon.  I can do that... If I try.  Really.  Really.  Hard.

Overall, though, I'm excited.  The house and work and all sorts of things seem to be falling into place to make things easier, so... Here goes nothing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers