So I randomly came across a song called "Journey to the End of My Life" by Allstar Weekend as I was searching for new music on playlist.com. It's pretty catchy and I think if you just want something to dance around to it's suitable, but then I started listening to the words. I think it is a song that plenty of people probably connect with but I found that the lyrics are somewhat different than what I want for myself. It talks about a kid who goes through their daily routines and thinks each night about what their life's purpose is. The narrator says "I wanna take a journey to the end of my life 'cuz I just wanna see what it's like" and "Do I turn out alright?" The song poses many questions and then states, "I don't wanna be surprised."
I don't wonder how I'm going to turn out. I decide who I want to be and I tell myself to get there. I will become who I need to be. I don't really care if I'm rich or poor or what's going on in the future, it will be there regardless of whether or not I see it. All you can really do is work hard to become who you need to be and for the causes you care about. I don't want to waste time worrying about what the future will be, I just do what I want to do and what I think is right. I waste too much time thinking about the past, the present, and what choices I should make in the here and now to be without worrying about what the world is going to be. Don't get me wrong, the future and doing what we can to mold it into something usable and special is important, but I'm not going to question how it's going to be, I'm going to make it happen. This isn't even about just having everything I want in life, like kids, jobs, cars, etc., it's about becoming what I want to be in life knowing that all else will fall into place.
I probably won't add this song to my playlist, but maybe someone else will relate. However, their song "Dance Forever" made it. I can hardly resist songs about dancing. They just energize me! I'm too serious, so I need all the help I can get to handle everyday life. :)
Posted by
Falling Stars

0 comments:
Post a Comment