So, I thought that I would take the time to review a previous blog from before Sophia was born. I was curious as to whether or not my guesses about her personality, while still in the womb, are traits that she actually has as a child. Here goes! The grey references the original, Chicklet version while the purple represents Sophia now. She really is pretty obstinate. She won't achieve a new milestone, whether walking, crawling, or the like, unless she can do it really well. She shows signs that the can, but just doesn't. She sometimes pitches fits when she doesn't get her way, and she has taken to throwing her arms up so that I lose my grip on her a bit when she doesn't want to be held or go where I'm going (a.k.a. the changing table or anywhere she could walk or crawl to instead). REALLY, though, she doesn't act up unless she's super hungry, teething, or just plain exhausted. She likes to talk, laughs often, claps her hands, squeals with excitement and happiness, and still smiles with her entire body at 1 year old. Basically, the word joy can be equated to being Sophia's mother.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chicklet, the Obstinate One
Things Chicklet seems to love:
- This girl either LOVES or HATES music! I was singing hymns to her on the October 22nd. This is the first time I'd noticed a reaction. Her reaction was to kick the heck out of me. The next day was the Primary program at church. She proceeded again to pound on me with her humongous feet and sweet little fists for an hour, and every time she heard music after that. At work the following day she got to hear some different music, stuff like the "Lazy Song", "One Republic", "Keep Your Head Up", and some Michael Buble. More prodding from the inside out. I still haven't tried country or classical, but I have come to the conclusion that she is either dancing or begging me to make it stop. The Sophers really does enjoy music. She likes to dance and clap her hands to the rhythm. She really likes music with a Jack Johnson and Island feel, but she seems okay with pretty much everything except rock...though her father seems to think she likes it when they're driving around. I'm not so sure about it, as I still haven't witnessed her enjoyment of rock.
- I think she likes being read to by her father. She seems to squirm around a bit when he reads to her, but not for long and not strongly enough for him to feel her doing it. Who knows, it might put her to sleep. :) Sophia sort of liked being read to at the beginning, but didn't really want to sit still for very long. She gets sung to more than she gets read to, but she is starting to be more patient when the books come out. She loves it when I let her take a more sturdy book and look at it on her own, either on my lap or sitting on the floor.
- Like mother, like daughter: Chicklet loves food. She's always excited both before and after mealtimes. This little girl is a pig-pig. She often neglects to tell us she is hungry, but the SECOND she sees us preparing her food or eating ourselves, she is screaming until she has some, too! She also eats a lot most of the time. One morning, during Christmastime, she had two rolls, part of a piece of turkey bacon, and had some milk. Then she went to Lola's and had a sweet potato. Thank goodness she doesn't eat like that all the time, or she would be vomiting constantly! She loves bread, by the way, and spaghetti, like her mom! I wonder how it is that she stays so skinny that the Dr. is often worried about her... :P Well, the little rascal just doesn't sit still!
Things Chicklet appears to hate:
- Chicklet seems to get mad when mommy doesn't feed her on time. For example, she doesn't get hyperafter lunch, she gets hyper before. I think she knows that she needs to ask for food or mommy may forget to feed her :-=. Yep, mad. Hornet's nest mad. However, she forgets to ask mommy for food all the time then gets mad the food is not already in her stomach. Just like mom.
- This little one flips out when I use automatic hand dryers. Every time. She calms down pretty much immediately after it stops or I walk away from it. Strangely the hair dryer does not seem to bother her. I still haven't had a chance to try her on an automatic hand dryer. She doesn't wake up when I use a hair dryer, though. However, she's pretty darn afraid of the vacuum cleaner, even if I'm holding her...but it doesn't wake her when she's sleeping. Weird.
- She's not a fan of my work. This is merely because I slouch sometimes and she does not enjoy being squished. When she gets squished she kicks me straight away and stops when I sit back up. She actually loves to visit mommy at work, though it's been a while. On the other hand, being snuggled often, though on rare occasions she likes it, makes her angry. Outside of the womb, she associates snuggling with being put to bed, and she is not a fan of bedtime. All she wants to do is stay up and play with mommy, daddy, and the dogs. When she is the most excited and happy is is usually bedtime, because she gets her "second wind" if not put to bed in time.
- I don't think Chicklet likes Waltz or West-Coast Swing. She was silent while learning the Cha-cha, but I'm not sure she enjoys the rise and fall of Waltz or the spinning in West-Coast. She's been kicking a lot the past few weeks. She seems okay with Tango so far. I kind of feel bad for her, though, because about about 25 weeks 5 days along, she apparently has a sense of equilibrium. I can see why she'd hate Waltz--I'm SO off balance with it! Sophia likes to waltz a bit more now. There have been times where I've used it to calm her or put her to sleep. She likes to bounce, though, so I'm pretty sure she'd still like the cha-cha better. She's cool with mosh-pit style dancing. :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sophia Can/Has Said:
·
Mommy/Mama/Mom
·
Daddy/Dada/Dad
·
Doggy/Dog
·
Cat
“Ca”
·
Yeah
·
No
· Push
· Pull
· Bread
· Ridiculous (She is like a little parrot sometimes!)
Sophia Can:
·
Sit
·
Crawls
like it’s going out of style
·
Stand
for an extended period
·
Take
steps when held up by adult
·
Cruise
on Furniture
·
RARELY
take a teeny, tiny step while not holding
·
Feed
herself with a bottle
·
Eat
finger foods
·
Feed
herself with a spoon
·
Chew
her food
·
Clap
·
Wave
(When she chooses)
·
Mimic
(Close open)
·
Help
dress/undress herself
·
Drink
from a cup, assisted
Sophia:
·
Is
not afraid of strangers, but…
·
…Shows
preference for her mother when sad or ill
·
Opens
doors
·
Pets
the dogs
·
Points
at everything
·
Touches
everything
·
No
longer licks everything
· Tries to tongue kiss EVERYONE
·
Talks
A LOT
·
Laughs
·
Dances/keeps
basic rhythm
·
Plays
with other children
·
Is
okay being left at daycare/with other people (as long as she is not
sick/teething!)
·
USUALLY
comes when called
·
Typically
knows when she is being tricked
·
Will
put her arms out when she wants to go to someone
·
Thinks
‘no’ means ‘do it again’
·
Sleeps
on her face. Butt. In. The. Air.
·
Is
a pig pig.
· Has EIGHT TEETH with more on the way
Sophia Likes:
·
“Running Away” sneakily and being chased
·
Exploring
the house
·
Music
·
Watching
the dogs eat and fight, (unless she is sad)
·
Sharing
food with mom
·
Teasing
mom and dad by pretending she wants to share her toys
·
Going
where she knows she’s not supposed to
· Eating what she knows she’s not supposed to
·
Looking
in the mirror
·
Flying,
and will sometimes help ‘jump’ up
·
Songs
and dancing
·
Banging
things together
·
Pulling
on mom’s shirt
·
When
Ninja sits on her
·
Books,
and will try to help read and turn pages
·
Playing
with diapers
·
Kisses.
Usually.
·
Peek-a-boo/Eat
Bulaga
·
Tearing
paper
·
Being
‘dropped’ onto the bed
·
Being
rib tickled
·
Taking
things out of boxes
·
Anything
mommy is eating
·
Cuddling
with mommy (finally!)
· Having her fingers and toes nibbled
Sophia Dislikes:
·
Being
changed, but only ½ of the time
·
Going
to bed, though she sleeps well
·
When
the dogs jump on her and she falls
·
Not
being able to see what is around her
·
Cuddling
with daddy, unless exhausted and wanting to sleep

0 comments:
Post a Comment