
I would like to get my hair cut again. I would have liked to do it in September, but it wasn't long enough to donate. Since I have decided that, if my hair gets long, I will keep growing until I can donate it, I have continued to wait for the day when my hair is long enough Locks of Love. (Here is their website, by the way, for anyone interested: http://www.locksoflove.org/) Last time I cut my hair was September of 2009 and I got a good 12 or so inches out of it. Well, this next 10 inches seem to have taken their sweet time in arriving. Maybe I stunted it's growth with some sort of sudden change in diet, because by September 2010 when I wanted to cut my hair again I'd achieved about 8 new inches. Not good enough, Locks of Love needs 10 inches. I'm too darn impatient for that!!! Well, I've finally gotten to January 2011 and it's BARELY long enough for even the exceptionally short haircut that I want! (Short for me, anyway!) I mean, 4 months of patience for two measly inches of hair? Boo.
Posted by
Falling Stars
Anyhow, I suppose that it's time I arrived at my point: this blog is really just so that I have a convenient and infrequently updated place to post pictures of the hair I may want. Each time I have thought my hair might just have gotten long enough (before being immediately proven wrong by a stupid piece of wood named "Ruler") I have to go through all of my facebook statuses to find the links I posted in February 2010 when I had 5 or 6 new inches of hair (thus my disappointment over time, having thought that my hair grew faster than it really does). This usually takes about a half an hour because of all the other junk I and my friends post on an insanely regular basis. So here it they are, pictures of my proposed hair. I think I'll still wait another month or so to cut my hair, so long as I can keep the split ends at bay for just a little bit longer. Then again, over a year with no trims and very few split ends is quite a feat in itself--but looking at my hair now it seems as though it will be a losing battle. Maybe my hairstyle will be braids only until I cut it. Then again, I look young enough as it is. I don't need braids all the time.


0 comments:
Post a Comment