Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

I've always had a few friends here or there who say things like, "That makes me laugh so hard!", or "I'm just rolling on the floor laughing!" when they're really not laughing at all! I've always thought this was pretty funny, but I have thought of a reason why this might be so: We are a generation of texting. We're accustomed to scenarios in which we are sitting in class or at work and someone sends us a hilarious text. However, we're in a quiet setting. We can't actually laugh out loud or fall out of our seat, so what do we do? Text ROFL or LOL! Maybe that's why, instead of enjoying the physical and psychological benefits of actual laughter, some of us just say that we're laughing. I wonder if the psychological effects of LOL are actually the same as laughing out loud. Maybe someone should do some sort of study. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers