Falling Stars

Musings of a Wandering Soul

Some people are willing to die for their beliefs. I am willing to live for mine. What brought this thought to the surface of my mind? The word Kamikaze. There are extremists in every nation, religion, and political way of thinking and many people feel that the nobler path requires the willing sacrifice of their life, to always be prepared to die for their cause. While this may indeed be noble, the path I choose is to live.

Living can be a struggle. Sometimes it can be scary to stand for what you believe in or do what you know is right. BUT the question I pose is this: If I die for my cause, who will be left to stand for what I believe? If all who share my cause do the same, who will fight for what I know is right? There will be nobody left if we all believe the best path is to die for our cause. While I won't say that it is wrong to die for what one believes I feel it is worthwhile to go beyond dying for your cause. I won't say that a death for one's cause contains no meaning, for that would make the sacrifice in vain, but to live is to continue to grow, to teach, and to share what you believe. Not all men are required to sacrifice their lives. There are other sacrifices to be made. Sometimes Life is the harder choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There's a lot about me that I could babble, but so much more that I don't even know is there. I guess we'll figure out who I am together!

Followers